RE: "Trash Can" or steel drum dish antennas

Why not just go to one of your local refinaries and buy a 55 Gallon Drum.
Press it out yourself?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of T5z4@aol.com
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:48 PM
To: RMckni8527@aol.com
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] "Trash Can" or steel drum dish antennas

In a message dated 12/3/01 4:04:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RMckni8527@aol.com writes:

<<  They do actually look like a trash can, or maybe more
 closely resemble a tub used for icing down a beer keg.  >>

I wonder if a steel drum like those in the islands could be fashioned to
work
well without the hammered out musically tuned zones on it's surface.  Your
trash can concept appears similar in form and inspired my thinking along
these lines for a makeshift dish.  I guess it might be a bit of a challenge
finding a set without the tuned zones much less with the required parabolic
shape.  Just an idea I thought I'd pass around.

Steve
K5PK