RE: @Home and AO-40

As an AT&T Subscriber (And a business owner), Excite's irresponsible and
outright greedy actions have cost me a lot.  My internet service at my home
(Which also happens to be where I work), went down early saturday morning.

In AT&T's favor, they did have some semblence of service restored as of
sunday night.  However, it is not the level of service, and also missing
static IP addresses that I rely on for security reasons.  (Every machine I
access professionally requires me to come from the same address every time.)

As a result, I have canned AT&T and ordered DSL service.  I will probably
miss my AT&T@Home service, but thusfar, I've been so underwhelmed with AT&T
Broadband, that I can't stand it.  One other thing I didn't appreciate...
When you reconfigure your equipment, AT&T forces you to accept the new terms
and conditions.  Those T&C's require that you completely hold AT&T harmless
under ANY circumstances including negligence and that there are no remedies
for down time, and unless specifically stated under state law, there will be
no refunds or credits for Loss of Service.  Yeah, that instills confidence.

The fact that I lost 36 hours worth of email (Because of the way my domain
aliases are set up) didn't excite me much either.  You should have SEEN what
we went through trying to find an AOL Disk in DFW last weekend.

Now... Back to Satellites! :)

Dave

PS-  I wasn't able to send this back direct because it says that Robert is
no longer a subscriber of the @HOME system.  Go figure.