RE: @Home and AO-40

It would be interesting to confirm whether only AT&T customers
were affected in this or if Cox and Comcast customers were also
hit.  AT&T is a major culprit in this entire game.  Excite
was so EXCITED when AT&T became a major contributor, stockholder,
and put people on the board of Excite@Home.  If you believe the
words from Excite@Home, since that time, AT&T has supposedly worked
very hard to be a corporate raider rather than meets its fiduciary
responsibilities to the stockholders.  AT&T offered a paltry
$300,000,000 for Excite@Home's broadband capacity.  That is the
amount of revenue that Excite generates every 6 months before the
courts allowed them to end the contracts.  Under the contracts
proposed by Comcast at least, the amount of revenue would go
up from $12 per customer to $20 per customer and completely
wipe out monthly losses and return them to profitability if
they did not lose customers as a result.  I changed long distance
carriers today,  and gave them my reasons.  Maybe you could
do the same.  It is my opinion they have behaved shamefully and
have almost cost 4,000,000 people their internet service.

Speaking from personal experience,  Cable modem has literally
changed my family's life and I for one hope that we continue
to be able to use it.

BTW, I am a Comcast customer, and while they have sent mailings,
and have a regular update page,  we are not yet impacted at
all.

http://www.comcastonline.com/info.htm

Bob
N4HY