Re: S-Band

I'll tell you exactly what all the whining is about!!

$US500 equates to around $AUS1000, assumiing the equipment is available
here, otherwise add 10% for  freight and insurance, and the same for our
thieving banks to transfer the funds.

Thats around $AUS1200!

That equates to around 4 weeks income for my family of four, but then we
are doing it a little tough at the moment. Still, I guess we're aren't the
only ones! I don't know how people in say Russia or South America can
manage even the most basic station!!

Remember that despite what you may think, there is a huge real world
outside the USA!

At 09:36 02/12/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I have put together a 1st class S-Band receive
>setup for less than $500 US.
>this includes ~~~~~3 Ft dish  +  patch feed  +  ultra low noise preamp +
>downconverter..
>It hears 3 Db+ transponder noise floor at full apogee and low squint.
>All the whining ???  Must be the full moon.
>
>----

Norm, VK2XCI
Voice of The Edge of The Outback
njmcmillan@bigpond.com