Re: cutting down trees?

At 03:11 AM 12/2/2001 , you wrote:
>W4SCO wrote:
>
>I had to cut down 9 pine trees (on my neighbor) to get a view for a few
>hrs in the late afternoon.
>
>W9AE replies:
>
>Are you kidding?

NO. Neighbor sold house (buyer had signed contract) and told me I could do
it as long as I got it done before the closing (no provision in the sales
contract to leave the trees) . I only had a two week window but the week
before closing the trees came down. I found out that it is less expensive
if you can drop a tree whole rather than have to piece it down. Luckily for
me I could. The trees were a future hazard to my house (just 10 ft away on
the south so a strong ice storm and wind would bring them down on me). The
logs were picked up the day before the moving van arrived to move the neighbor.

If you purchase a house in the future and want to make sure the trees stay
you should add a clause to the sales contract.