Re: AO40 user population

For consideration,

There is another viewpoint that has not been mentioned. Even when you have
a useable S band capability, the fact that the bird is there for LONG hours
tends to spread us all out. When you have a 15 minute window, we are all
there in that 15 minutes. When the window is 10 hours long we pick our
times for our convenience. I know I come and go at it. I will take a break,
sit down and tune the band, hear a few conversations, then go off to do
others things in my life. And come back maybe hours later or several days
later.

This expectation may follow from a small population and long hours of
availability. As it is the UHF agc is always in hugh compression -
something is hitting the bird may be radar.

Just a thought

Jerry, W6IHG