RE: AO40 user population

W4SCO wrote

I don't think that a 2m downlink would be a good idea. 2m is too crowded now. But a 70cm downlink would be a good idea.

Wayne replies:

I said "144 MHz capability".  Up or down.

I have a slight preference for a 144 MHz downlink, but only because I own a 144 MHz LNA and don't own a 435 MHz LNA.  You're probably right that 144 MHz is better for uplinks because it has too much noise and interference for weak signal reception in many parts of the world.

Wayne Estes W9AE