Re: Re: Re: Re: AO40 Hiatus / sunangle

I am always amazed at the amount of bickering that goes on over the smallest
of things... but at the risk of getting flamed...

Stacey your statement in one of your notes was...
"3-Axis
-------
Testing and development continues on the 3-axis control system, to account
for significant changes in our final orbit, the mystery effect, and the
loss of some sensors.  Expect further feasibility testing and announcements
on this shortly.  We are approaching the end of the favorable solar angle
"season", so within about one month we will have to either initiate 3-axis
control or offpoint for several months until the solar angle improves.  No
shift to 3-axis control will be made without adequate testing of a
mechanism to revert back to spin control."

so yup you told us all... but....
no date was given... only in about a month...   IF no 3 axis mode...

so maybe what people are griping about is that we all  knew there was the
possibility, but no decision had been made about 3-axis yet....
so apparently the decision was made and the info got posted to the ARRL
first....

if there had been a note posted here first saying " hey this is it guys no 3
axis so off pointing we go"  you wouldn't have heard any complaints....

so as I pull on my asbestos shorts....
Kevin WA6FWF