Re: Re: AO40 Hiatus / sunangle

I saw this on the ANS mail list some time back ...

"AO-40 is currently in a long period during which the Earth eclipses the Sun
near perigee. These actually began about August 28th, and will rapidly
increase in length. The will continue well into June 2002."

I was supprised by the Christmas to April 15th shutdown quoted in the ARRL
letter but this will be a good time for me to work some other birds, and get
my equipment in shape for April.

73's

Don Woodward
KD4APP