Re: Re: Re: AO40 Hiatus / sunangle

>At 04:43 PM 12/1/01 -0500, "Stacey E. Mills" <w4sm@cstone.net> wrote:
>
> >>Hi all,
> >>local scuttlebutt says that ARRL is better informed
> >>than AMSAT-BB about the state of AO40.
> >>Read here:
> >>http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/11/29/4/?nc=1
> >>73 Jens    ZL2TJT
> >>RE78nv
> >>AMSAT ZL #218
> >
> >Come on now Jens, I sure hope you're kidding!!!!
> >
> >Virtually every important fact in that article has been written about my
> >me or Peter within the last couple of months on the amsat-bb.
>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Re: AO40 Hiatus / sunangle
>      From: "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" <vlfiscus@xxxxxxx>
>      Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 15:12:11 -0700

>I must have missed seeing that e-mail message too.

If you doubt that this information was posted on the amsat-bb, I suggest
that you go to the amsat archives and check out my messages on the
following days:
(I've excluded days when I only posted manual changes to the RUDAK schedule)
8/13, 8/19, 8/22, 8/28, 8/31, 9/9, 11/5.

Scattered throughout these, particularly the last one, are the substantive
facts about the transmitter testing and status, the momentum wheels,
changes in software, plans for 3-axis, perigee eclipses,  the need for
off-pointing for bad solar angle by the end of the month, etc.  I think
you'll find much of the ARRL article, nearly word for word in these
postings.  If there's a "problem" here, I sure don't see it.

When we start moving due to the upcoming bad solar angle, I'll report our
plans in detail.  I've spent most of the day working on scenario's
for this.