Re: AO40 Hiatus / sunangle

>Hi all,
>local scuttlebutt says that ARRL is better informed
>than AMSAT-BB about the state of AO40.
>Read here:
>http://www.arrl.org/news/stories/2001/11/29/4/?nc=1
>73 Jens    ZL2TJT
>RE78nv
>AMSAT ZL #218

Come on now Jens, I sure hope you're kidding!!!!

Virtually every important fact in that article has been written about my me
or Peter within the last couple of months on the amsat-bb. Much of the
article is word for word from my amsat-bb posts.  Anything that wasn't
covered in the amsat-bb,  was presented by the AO-40 group at the amsat
meeting in Atlanta.  The only possible exception is the fact, just
finalized, that we won't try 3-axis mode prior to the onset of the upcoming
bad solar angle.  I discussed this possibility in Atlanta.  Given that we
have a stable, working S/C there is no need to rush this.  This is not big
news.  In fact, there is considerably more information in the bulletins
about changes to software, etc., not covered in the article.

Rick Lindquist got  this information from reading the amsat-BB and
attending the amsat symposium.  I clarified a few minor points for him, and
he wrote the article. He does go into more detail regarding the
off-pointing for poor solar angle, but this is old hat to anyone who
remembers AO-13.  Rest assured that every effort is made to keep the
amsat-bb readers informed.