@Home/COX Cable UPDATE!

Folks,

A partial correction is in order.

Whilst Excite@Home is bankrupt and the judge did allow for the shutdown
of the network, the network is still up as they (AT&T, Comcast and Cox)
negotiate with the creditors. Cox has provided for a temp solution (albeit
dial-up) to netzero in the event the network does go dark.

I am an @Work user which means I need the bandwidth for work. I use
nothing else (such as mail, DNS, proxy etc) servers.

So, as of 11:35PST they are still up. I highly doubt Cox, AT&T and Comcast
will let the network go down.

If they do, nasty notes are nice but what if 4 Million of us cancelled our
cable TV contracts? I, like many Cox customers also use the cable TV
system. So, lets put a little pressure on Cox and give them a reason to
make sure they live up to there end of the bargin!

Regards
Mike (KF6MPI)