Re: AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

on 11/30/01 1:50 PM, RMckni8527@aol.com at RMckni8527@aol.com wrote:

> hanks, Mal!  But it's not going to be a cakewalk.  Several BoD members and
> others have already expressed views that disagree with the goal.  It seems
> they don't feel AMSAT is "worthy" of CFC funding, and that AMSAT shouldn't
> take money away from other organizations that provide true humanitarian
> services.

Who cares if it is "humanitarian."  It's money.  And you can't tell me that
nothing humanitarian has never come out of a satellite built by hams.  Let's
see, wasn't UO-14 used for communicating with doctors in remote places in
Africa???

Sounds pretty humanitarian and important to me..........

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden