RE: AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

As a former board member and long time AMSAT supporter,
I could not possibly agree more with those board members
who believe AMSAT is not worthy of these dollars.  How
in the name of all that is worthy we can equate the small
segment of a small segment (special interest group inside
a special interest group) with (say) Womanspace which
protects battered women and their children is totally
beyond me (or the American Cancer Society or American
Heart Association or the Red Cross) .  I would be ashamed
to be associated with such a thing and believe we should
turn away from this horrible, lame brained idea as fast
as possible.

Bob McGwier
N4HY