Re: AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

Thanks, Mal!  But it's not going to be a cakewalk.  Several BoD members and
others have already expressed views that disagree with the goal.  It seems
they don't feel AMSAT is "worthy" of CFC funding, and that AMSAT shouldn't
take money away from other organizations that provide true humanitarian
services.

I've made the suggestion that our next satellite should contain a transponder
that provides dedicated emergency communications, public relations and
educational services.  I think CFC funding could help achieve this goal and
get AMSAT back on track with the core values of Amateur Radio.

Let's see what happens!

73's
Ray