Re: AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

on 11/29/01 11:34 AM, Arthur H Feller at afeller@ieee.org wrote:

> Rather than SELL things, we have decided to SUGGEST levels of DONATION
> associated with obtaining various items.  Using this process, money
> received by AMSAT is a free will donation and is, therefor, not subject to
> sales tax.  You may contribute what we suggest or as much as you want and
> it's USA tax deductible, if you deduct contributions.

And this is something I NEVER thought of!  If you donate to Amsat at Dayton
and get an Arrow, downconverter, etc. in return, you can write that
"donation" off on your taxes.  What a great idea AND benefit for members.
Now, I know there is a stipulation about receiving goods and services from
"religious" organizations, but does such a stipulation exist for an
organization like Amsat?

What a great idea.....Keep the donation process as is.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden