TS-2000 Kenwood question

You asked if the TS-2000 was a good radio for satellite.

I have only had my TS-2000x for a couple of months, and have been able to
work all satellites the same quality of reception that I had with the older

The only exception is AO-27.

There is a birdie near the downlink frequency, but after the satellite's
Doppler moves a little then you can work AO 27 with no problem.

I look at this as a minor problem since I don't work AO27 all that much.

The only thing I would recommend is to have the receiver preamp on when you
are on all frequencies above 6 meters for SSB work.

Perry WB8OTH