Re: AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

In a message dated 11/28/01 12:27:00 PM Pacific Standard Time,
np2l@attglobal.net writes:

> Do you know where we could find the qualification procedures for this?  It's
>  certainly worth investigating.

I've just received a message saying AMSAT is not a non-profit organization.
I always thought it was (assumed, or had heard it somewhere, who knows?).
Filing for non-profit status would be the first step.  Maybe someone on the
-bb can shed some insight as to AMSAT's status and if not already non-profit,
why not, or why it can't be pursued.

73's
Ray - WB3ABN
Kingston, WA