AMSAT & Combined Federal Campaign

Why isn't AMSAT-NA registered with CFC?  Heck, there's an organization for
the indigenous peoples of the Amazon, and many other causes which seem less
likely to be considered "worthy causes"...  I KNOW there's a whole gob of
military and other Federal employees in the U.S. that contribute via the CFC,
seems like an easy way for AMSAT to raise funds.  If a Federal employee were
going to give to AMSAT anyway, why not provide an easier means to do it like
CFC?

I'm NOT in any way knocking any of the registered organizations, but some
aren't even using the funds they collect within the U.S.  I would think this
might make a difference to some folks.

>From all the people who just contribute to the general CFC fund, AMSAT would
get a small slice.  Just a thought, not intended to be derogatory to the
native Amazonians, cats, or anyone else or their causes.

For those not familiar with CFC, it is an organization established to
facilitate charitable contributions from all U.S. Federal/Military workers by
establishing guidelines which organizations adhere to as well as a single
yearly fund raising drive, combined with payroll deduction and simplified
accounting for tax exempt contributions.  The premise is that a few dollars
out of your paycheck won't be missed, and thousands of organizations can't
keep hounding you all year to contribute.

AMSAT certainly should be included!

73's
Ray - WB3ABN
Kingston, WAA