Calculating Astronomical Sunset

Hi all,
 While trying to get a look at Starshine, I was trying to determine how
long the bird would be in sunlight while my QTH was in the dark. In the
past I've usually figured on a couple of hours for most LEO satellites.
But it got me wondering if there is a formula to determine, more
accurately, how long a satellite will be in sunlight after sunset on the
ground.
 Of course the altitude of the bird would be a factor, as well as the
circumference of the earth. But it's been 30 years since I got out of
college and I've forgotten most of my physics and geometry. Any ideas?
 Thanks in advance. 73 de Doug KA8QCU

ka8qcu@juno.com