Re: FT-847 lock up.

SAAD MAHAINI wrote:

> Twice this month, my 847 locked up.
>
> The front panel keypad is almost all locked out (frozen), but not all, as
> some buttons respond I.e.. mode and few others.  Unfortunately, the Menu
> button is frozen also, so I can't reset the radio from the Menu.  Also, the
> radio is locked in the TX position.

Is there any chance you may have accidentally pressed the MOX button
(the one right under the Power button) ?  This would cause it to
transmit continuously, and many of the front panel key functions are
locked out whenever the radio is transmitting. . .

I've done it a couple of times, and I'm sure I'm not the only one
who's done it.  I was quite puzzled the first time it happened, until
I noticed the depressed MOX button (Manually Operated Xmit button).
The second and third time it happened, I figured it out much more
quickly.  (There's hope for me yet, I'm still capable of learning from
my mistakes!)

Otherwise, mine's never misbehaved in anything remotely resembling the
problem, and it is an early production model that originally had the
defective firmware (subsequently upgraded at no charge by Yaesu to the
current firmware).

73 de KB0ZEV