Re: [aprssig] PCsat LED test and Telemetry

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:

> Argh!  Moon.  Serious moon.
>
> We looked, but the most probable track took it through the moon
> quadrant, which was totally washed out.  I did a lot of scanning with
> binoculars, but that's almost futile unless you get a flash first.
> At least we tried!
> 73, gerry

Thanks Ger.  We were parked on a hill in pouring rain.  Had problems
commanding but got the LEDS on by 0032z and back off by about 0035z.
I doubt anyone on the east coast had good weather.  We sure feel dumb for
forgetting to check on the phase of the moon.

This pass was chosen uniquely for the time of night, eclipse during middle
of pass, location over command station, and a 10% impovement in
power budget (only one until January).  Forgot to check the moon.

So we wont be in this condition for several more months so optical
trackers can rest easy... Now we know all FIVE factors to consider for
next time...

End of test.  Back to NORMAL (limited) OPS.

Bob