Re: Ethernet

I had a similar problem with my home LAN when I first installed Windows XP
on my laptop, but was running ME on the other two computers.
My system is connected to a 4 port Linksys DSL/Router Hub, which allow
simultaneous connection to my ADSL line on the Internet.  When configuring
the Networking setup of XP, you are offered an option of making a floppy
disk for setup of other computers on the LAN.
Create a floppy disk with the XP driver setup, then run the NIC card driver
setup on your computer with Win2K.

For some reason, and I am only an amateur at this, all the computers on the
LAN must be running the XP drivers to talk to each other.  You will also
need to Share (Drives, Folders or Files) on each computer to have
visibility from one computer to another.  Be sure to password protect them
as they are also available to the outside world if your on a WAN.

Hope this answers your question, and if others know an easier way, please
let me know too.

73, Bob   HL2/KK4UZ