Re: Ethernet

What kind of cable are you using?

For a 'peer to peer' like that, no hub or switch between them, you
*must* use a "cross-over" cable to connect.
You can not use a straight, cat 5 patch cable to go NIC to NIC.

With the correct cable you'll get connect lights on the NICs (if they
have lights) wether or not the operating systems can talk to each other.

--
              Casper, WY    |    CARC Repeater
                DN62tt      |      146.940