RE: Ethernet

Makesure that the Win2k machine is setup as the Master Browser and the
XP machine has the Master browser turned off or in auto mode.  Have
Netbios over TCP/IP turned on for both and have file and print share
loaded on both amchines.  You should see both then...  You shouldn't
have to have any actual shares setup like with Win9x...

The file and print share and netbios may be enough.  Play with the
browser if you get errors..

Dave...