November AMSAT-NA President's Letter

SB SAT @ AMSAT $ANS-327.01
NOVEMBER AMSAT-NA PRESIDENT'S LETTER

AMSAT NEWS SERVICE BULLETIN 327.01 FROM AMSAT HQ
SILVER SPRING, MD, NOVEMBER 23, 2001
TO ALL RADIO AMATEURS
BID: $ANS-327.01

Several times each year ANS will feature information from AMSAT-NA
President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH. This feature is known as the
'President's Letter'. The following is the November installment:

Greetings to you all at American Thanksgiving time, it is always a
Pleasure to partake in the annual feast even in these troublesome times.
Let's all hope that by this time next year things will be a little more
predictable.

As many of you celebrate the holidays, I will be in Europe together with
many AMSAT members from many countries. We will be discussing
various possibilities of assistance to each other and the various projects
that we have in mind. AMSAT-NA will be discussing our Project "JJ" and
I will be interested in the ideas of others. While "JJ" is our primary project,
I have no doubt that some of our members may assist in the design
and/or construction of other satellites - much in the same way that other
international people have volunteered to assist with "JJ".

You may be interested to know that I have received 27 nominations for
the new name of "JJ". I have asked Dick Jansson and Lyle Johnson to
assist me with the choice of the name. However, should the three of us
totally disagree, then Chuck Green will cast the deciding vote. If you wish
to submit any more names please do so by November 30, 2001.

I read on the AMSAT-BB that satellite operators in Europe are having a
problem in making contact with operators in the Americas, on AO-40. I
do notice that the number of contacts is reducing, why?. If you have any
ideas on this I would be pleased to hear them. Just send me an e-mail
< ve3frh@amsat.org >.

Once more, have a great Thanksgiving holiday period.

73,

Robin Haighton VE3FRH
President AMSAT-NA

[ANS thanks AMSAT-NA for this information]

/EX