FT-847 question

Hi,

The FT-847 has "mic click' tuning buttons.  However, if you hold them more
than "momentarily" it switches to a fast stepping mode which will blow you
right out of a PSK passband.  There is a scanning mode option which you can
turn off, but not, so far as I can find, a way to turn off the switch to
high speed stepping.  I have found a way to lie to AO-40RCV so that it works
pretty well, though not quite as the author intended.

Has anybody found a way to turn of the switch to high speed, or found a good
definition of "momentarily?"  Knowing the number of ms would help in setting
the control parameters of my hardware.

Alan
WA4SCA

To get the attention of a large animal,