RE: dish gain for AO-40

Howdy Y-all,

	Jerry has done a lot of work on this stuff.  In fact, I wouldn't be on
AO-40
at all without Jerry's help.  Now I need to ask for your help.  I have an
idea to
improve my system.  If anyone has done the dish mods like Jerry has done,
that
is to cut the dish off square, I would like to know what you did with the
parts you
cut off.  I need them, both pieces.  Anyone have them still sitting in the
garage
taking up space?  If so, and you do not need them, please let me know.

Thanks.

Mike.  KD9KC

AIDC3733
> >  down converter...unfortunately, as it stands, its just not enough to
pull
> >  anything but an S3 beacon level and only the strongest QSOs out of the
> >  mud.  My rig is an FT-736 at the end of 20 feet of RG-6 quad shield.
>
> I suspect your results are typical.  When conditions are optimal (try a
> Western pass when the bird is under 50,000 km and signals are LOUD), you
> should be able to do a little better, and can probably work CW anytime
> without a problem if you can hear the beacon 3 S-units out of the noise.
SSB