PCsat Operating

We need to get the word out that no one should be using PCsat via W3ADO-1.
That is SAFE mode meaning it does not have enough power to operate.

Yes, for a while we had been letting users operate via W3ADO-1, but
that was a temporary measure.  In that mode, PCsat does not have enough
power to make it through eclipse and so continued operation is deep
cycling the batteries on every orbit (14 times a day), thus shortening the
life of PCsat.

Users should only access the bird while it is using the callsign of
PCSAT-1.  In this mode, PCSAT only responds to the path VIA APRSAT.  PCSAT
will then use  callsign-substitution when it relays the packets and you
will see PCSAT-1* in the downlink.

By using only VIA APRSAT, then you will be able to use PCsat safely in
accordance with the user service plan.  If it runs out of power and goes
to SAFE mode, then it will ignore APRSAT and protect itself from further
users.  We appologize for this unreliable plan of action, but it is all we
can do to make sure that we do not wear out the batteries too soon.

de WB4APR@amsat.org, Bob