Re: Re: Optical Tracking of PCsat's LEDs?

I'm going to try to photograph a pass with a 35mm camera (with a
50mm focal length, f/1.8 lens).  I think that it will take about a
minute to pass through the field of view/film frame.  I've got
some film left from the Leonid meteor shower I'll try; some
high-contrast ISO 400 speed film.

I'll also see about tracking it visually with a small telescope.

This all assumes, however, that the weather will be vast better than
is being predicted.  We've also got the moon (about half-full) to
contend with which makes observing dim objects very difficult, as it
will be well above the horizon.

Are the orbital elements available on the AMSAT.ORG web site
"good enough" to generate some predictions?  I used those,
imported into The Sky (http://www.bisque.com), and I get somewhat
different results compared with www.heavens-above.com.

louie
wa3ymh