Re: dish gain for AO-40

I am using the same D/C with a 32 inch offset fed dish, about twice the area
of a 2 foot dish, and 75 feet of RG-59 for feedline and am getting about S7
on the beacon and typically an S3 noise floor.  Do you have the Murata
filter?

You may want to see about adjusting the feedpoint of the converter, moving it
in or out a couple of inches. Still, unless you were shooting at the bird
during a high squint angle period, you should be doing better than S3. I
would check your feedline connections again as well.