Re: Ground Mounting Antennas

  Hi Dave,

  I run my antennas off a 6' ground mounted tripod.
(Basically a roof-top tripod standing on the ground,
with 2 tv rotators and a wooden ash 'closet-rod'
cross-boom.)

  In the AO-13 days, I had problems with the 2m antenna
dragging on the ground when the snow got deep, and
being low to the ground, I have a more obstructed skyline
than I otherwise would,   but this is more than  offset by
being able to run out and tinker with the antennas at
will.

  -al
  WB1BQE