To Tony, W4TAS

Tony,

Here's how I do it with my FT-847and 3733.

Set the transmit uplink frequency to 435.667 MHz. This is the beacon
frequency. Do not transmit here or you will QRM the beacon.

Unlock the tracking and tune the receive downlink frequency until you hear
the beacon.

Lock receive/transmit for reverse tracking.

Move up or down frequency and spot your downlink.

Usually I can hear myself immediatly or I'm slightly down frequency.

It works every time.

73,

Mike K9QHO
k9qho@arrl.net