Find yourself on the downlink

One trick that I have used very successfully on the 847 and 736R is to:

1. Unlock the transmit and receive.
2. Find the beacon and peak the received signal.
3. Set the transmit to 435.665 while continuing to receive the beacon.
4. Lock the transmit and receive for reverse tracking.
5. Move up to 2401.430 - 2401.460 (where very few QSO's are held) to find
yourself.

This has worked almost every time for me.

Qudos to the ham who invented this technique. It was not me.

73 de Don KC4YRT