Finding my Downlink on AO40

A little help please!!

I have several pages of published AO40 uplink and downlink frequencies.

My problem is I can't make the indicated frequencies on my radios
match the charts. I am always about 30 KHz off. I have partially
compensated for this by listing the actual frequencies I have set up
in the radios and that usually gets me fairly close.

I started trying to find the problem yesterday by exactly calculating
the fequencies that the satellite would see (by using the doppler
readout on IT 1.5) and trying to get them to match the charts. I am
putting 2400 in for the beacon frequency in IT 1.5 to get the doppler
correction. I am ratioing the beacon doppler to 435 MHz to get the
uplink doppler which will be proportional to the actual frequencies.

Needless to say I failed to make the numbers match. I was off
by about 45 KHz.

I am using the beacon frequency of 2401.323 and the doppler
correction on IT 1.5 to find the offset of my Transsystem converter.
It usually turns out to be about 5 to 8 KHz according to the
outside temperature. It's about 80 F in the day and 60 F at
night here in Brandon, Florida (eat your heart out). It don't get
any better that this!!!! But I diverge.

I have checked the frequency of my uplink transmitter and it is
within 100 Hz of the indicated frequency.

Can anyone give me a better way to get on the right frequency
or tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,

Tony
W4TAS