CQ de VUSAT

Dear friends
I am VU2POP "POP" from India and  I am glad to have joined  your forum and I
have been learning a lot thro' your discussions.
Got my call about 26 years ago and still active, homebrewing is in my blood
and love it, I do some serious VHF dxing & Fox Hunting.
Active on HF, VHF, UHF bands with the following setup a IC-706MkII G, Alinco
DR-605 Twin band, IC-229, Standard C-168, homebrew Cross yagi for Vhf and
Uhf, 3x5/8 vhf collinear, Diamond X-700, TET 4el HF tribander, a couple of
hombrew HF and Vhf tcvrs.

I have been active on the satellite mode just for the last 2 years mainly on
the UO-14, SO-35 and AO-27. Though  these days only the UO-14 seems to be
active over VU.
We do have a couple of hams like VU2MKP, VU2CAP, VU2IR, VU2GUR, VU2LX,
VU2BD, VU3SXE and few other active on the various birds.
Only VU2MKP and VU2CAP have the capability to get on to AO-40 etc.

We have been experiencing severe QRM from the long range cordless as the
uplink happens to be Vhf and these illegal & spurious long range equipments
( Chinese Make ) have infested our VHF bands.
These days I do not hear staions from 9V1, 9M2, 9K, U etc. maybe they must
have got fed up with the cordless QRM and moved on to newer satellites Hi !

We have formed a sat group called  AMSAT INDIA and the web page will be
launched soon.
Also preparations are on to launch a LEO followed by a GEO satellite some
time next year with all the assistance of the Indian Space Research
Organisation ofcourse the hams would be building the hardware etc.

Soon many of us hope to get onto newer satellites and modes from here, its
just catching.

Best 73
Pop