Re: L on AO40

The 1.2GHz module has an output power of 10 watts.  The length of your feed
line is important, but assuming you can put 8 watts of it into a 21dbi yagi
system, you will barely hit the noise level with a squint angle of <15
degrees.  You will either need a lot more power or a better antenna
system.  Preferable, would be a dish with >24dbc (Circular Polarized).  I
too have the 1.2GHz module, but don't even try because I don't have the
room for a dish, nor the 50 watt plus PA need for a couple of yagi or helix
antennas.
73, Bob
HL2/KK4UZ