Re: What's left for HAM radio?

On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, greg wrote:

> HAM RADIO GOES ALOT FARTHER THAN A STINKING HT

But you gotta start somewhere.  I agree that HF and Sats are all we have
left that the everyday consumer cannot buy off the shelf...

Having a kid get on the air with a $20 investiment is a lot easier than
getting going on HF.  I started with the 3 transistor Knight Kit
supperregen walkie talkie with 3 of  us in my scout troop back in the dark
ages..  I dabbled in HF, but it was the little HT that kept us playing
until we got our novices..