Re: What's left for HAM radio?

GREG, CAN YOU STOP SHOUTING? Much better. I think Bob knows this. After all
he did develop APRS. How many hams do you know who helped bring in a new
mode, with a new purpose? Maybe you might have heard about PCsat? How many
hams do you know who have been responsible for a satellite?

The point I think is that kids don't have to be a ham to have fun with a
radio. I've seen FRS radios for 19.99...How many 12 yr olds do you know who
have the cash to buy any reasonable ham radio other than an HT. I was 13
when I became a ham and if it wasn't for someone loaning me an HT I'd have
quickly lost interest.

Drew, KO4MA