Fw: Questions about TS-2000

 Jerry, thanks for the reply. .....
 Ok so if I can pick your brain some more about the set up your running.
 this would be a great help, I am still getting used to the radio and
perhaps
  this is why I am haveing trouble but. ......
  I am trying to get the radio to work with all the uni_trac features. I
  hooked  up up the computer interface the following way. Uni-Trac port one
 pin 7 (input) to RS232
  on kenwood pin 2    Uni-Trac port one out put pin 6 to kenwood rs232 pin3.
  Ground -pin 14 uni to pin 5 kenwood.

  Ok next I set the xxx.set for the satellite as follows This is for ao-10
  Buy the way is this the configuration File. Version  you use? Is there a
 newer one?

> [...]
 >
 >          435.800  to  435.900
 >          145.900  to  146.000
 >
 > Again the first group must equal the second group
 >
 > i.e.     435.800 - 145.900  equals 289.900
 >          435.900 - 146.000  equals 289.900
 >
 > Offset default 0 (Digital Satellites must be 0)
 >
 > =581.005
 > Voice Quality Trim in kHz (FDT operation ONLY)
 > Digital operation default 0
 > =0
 > The adjust frequency scale step in Hz.
 > =10
 > Enable P3D Automation YES/NO
 > =NO
 > Update the Radio/Transceiver every xxx Hz.
 > =10
 > reserved
 > =0
 > Downlink Transverter Local Oscillator Frequency in Mhz.     (407.000000)
 > =0
 >
 > Uplink Transvertor Local Oscillator Frequency in Mhz
 > =0
 > SETTING THE EXTERNAL CONTROL PORT BITS:
 > The figures entered here control which bits of the ECP are turned
 > off or on.
 > The ECP is 2 bits wide (1,0) so that a setting of 3 would
 > turn on bits 1 and 0 of the port.
 > The TTL level outputs are used to control external functions such
 > as signal lead changing via relays for PSK/AFSK satellite automation
 > as an example.
 > The first figure is the state of the ECP at AOS and the second figure
 > represents the ECP after LOS.
 > =0
 > =0
 > Beacom Frequency:
 > Must be in the same frequency band as the down link
 > =145.200
 >
 > RADIO EQUIPMENT INTERFACES AND BAUD RATES:
 >
 > The following equipment are interfaced. Pick your model and
 > enter the parameter as shown  below. Mixing of equipment
 > is permissable.
 >
 > VHF/UHF Multi Band Full Duplex:
 > 1 FT-736R, 2 FT-847, 4 TS-790, 9 IC-970, 14 IC-820, 15 IC-821,
 >
 > VHF/UHF Single Band Full Duplex:
 > 7 TS-711, 8 TS-811, 10 IC-271, 11 IC-471, 12 IC-275, 13 IC-475,
 >
 > Receivers:
 > Full Duplex when mixed with equipment above.
 > (Standard Rx mode or with down convertor)
 > 3 IC-R8500,
 >
 > HF Equipment
 > (Mode K.  Mode B simplex with up and down converters)
 > 5 TS-440, 6 TS-680, 16 FT-757, 17 IC-728, 18 IC-729,
 > 19 IC-751A, 20 FT-980, 24 FT-1000
 >
 > Simplex only HF/6m/VHF/UHF
 > 21 IC-706MKII/G, 22 IC-706MKII, 23 FT-100
 >
 > Development use ONLY
 > 30 Generic
 > SET RADIO EQUIPMENT from list above.
 >
 > Use this radio equipment for the Uplink service
 > =26
 > Use this radio equipment for the Downlink service
 > =26
 > SET RADIO PORT CONNECTION   1 or 2
 >
 > Use this  Uni_Trac radioport for the Uplink service
 > =1
 > Use this Uni_Trac radioport for the Downlink service

  Now when I fire up uni_trac the radio switches to sat mode, memo 0 ,  435
 up
  and 145 down fine, but  if I try and use the uni_trac  freq. read in from
 the radios( up or down link),it will
  not. Also forget about FDT , it does not seam to read back the radios
freq.
 Is this the same
  for you? I had a similar problem with my Icom twins I was using.

 Now next observation. lets say I now try and go to ko-25 from ao-10 , 435
  down and 145 up, uni_trac will still stay in sat memo 0 and the radios
will
 change freq
  because uni_trac is now outputting 435 down and 145 up but the
  radio is set 145 down and 435 up(for AO-10). The only way around this is
  now hit the tf-set button to switch the up and downs. then uni_trac will
  tune. Am I missing something here?

  Lastley I am using version 2.2.11 of unitrac
 could you send me your Ao-40 xxx.sat file, if you have an AO-10 sat file as
  well.
  What version are you running?
  Thanks in advance as this will be of great help.
  I guess the DSP2233 TNC is next.

You
> > run
> > > the
> > ACC2

I'm
> > not
> > > between

> > > have the display dimmer in the "B" mode (1200 baud) so I know which is
> > > selected.  You could change a lot of "stuff" (dozens of parameters, if
> you
> > > want), but I find the 1200/9600 A/B switch to be convenient when going
> > from
> > > UO-22 to ISS.

> > > Looks
> > at
> > > the

> > the
> on
> > > the
> > you
> frames
> > > on
> > > project

> amazed
> > > that anyone would ever want two RS-232 ports in the same radio.  I
> repeat
> > my
> > > oft-made statement, "they never tested this radio on any satellite
> > > operations, with any satellite operators, prior to finalizing the
design
> > and
> > > marketing it."  FWIW, I operate many of the pacsats, including UO-22
and
> > > KO-25, with the rig and internal TNC, but it is definitely more work
> than
> > it
> > > needs to be, and as Howard points out, simultaneous Doppler control is
> > > impossible, thus making unattended operation practically impossible.

> well,
> > > any

Uni-Trac