Re: OE Filtering

I also use OE and like its filtering capabilities.  I have my filters set up
the same as Lee.

I have also used Eudora 5.1.  They are comparable and it is what you are
used to using.  I have *tried* Netscape's e-mail client and never could get
it to work the way I wanted.

I choose to stick with OE because I am familiar with it.

The way I select a message for filtering is, once the message comes in, I
select Message -> Create rule from message.  You will get a dialog box with
a check box defaulted to, "Where the from line contains people."  I uncheck
that and check, "Where the subject line contains specific words."  I then
select, "Move it to the specified folder."  Once I do these two things, I go
to the bottom of the window where there are two hyperlinks.  The first
hyperlink corresponds to your first check.  Click on it and type the
specific words you want to filter by.  Do one word (i.e. amsat-bb) at a
time.  You can add several to one filter.  Then click on the second
hyperlink and tell it what folder you want the message to go to.

The only problem (it's not really a problem) is that if I have someone reply
directly to me from my posting on the BB, it will go to the BB folder and
not my Inbox.  No big deal.  This happens because "amsat-bb" is in that
subject line.

GL es 73,
Joel, K2SAT