RE: Invitation to operate AO-40

I can only speak for myself, but I can assume that many U.S. amateurs
are like me, as I am not that unique.

I have a job.  It is a good job, and it pays well.  If it were not for the
job, I wouldn't be on satellite at all.

I have a family.  While the kids are older, (15 and 20), they do demand
some of my time.  My wife is probably the least demanding factor on my
time, bless her heart.

I have a dog.  We hope to compete in Obedience Trials in the spring.  To
get to that point, we must train together every day.

Up until yesterday, we have had a daily temp of 30 deg C or better daily.
It is too nice to hide in the house.

Also, ham radio is not my only hobby.

I am a competitive rifle shooter.  At the moment, I train off-hand
dry-firing
for 30 minutes a day.

I am a competitive pistol shooter.  It also takes some practice.  AND
LAST...

I have friends.  Many of them are combat veterans, as I am.  Only some of
them are not as lucky as I was.  Helping them also takes time.  The odd
ham's
widow needing help, outages at work, broken car, Oh... did I mention I am
restoring a 1976 postal jeep?

Where does ham radio fit into all of this?  Dunno.  Some days it does, and
some days it doesn't.  But I promise I will try to get on over the 4 day
weekend starting on Thursday.  That's the best I can do.  Sorry.  Maybe
some day when I am too old to shoot, drive, train, and 30 deg C seems
cold to me, then I will be on every day.  I am not unique.

Mike.

Vy73,  Mike.   KD9KC    MARS: AAV6EV

My E-mail address: mailto:kd9kc@elp.rr.com
Ham Radio page: http://www.qsl.net/kd9kc/
Gun page: http://home.elp.rr.com/elpasochl/
Dog page: http://www.geocities.com/heartland/estates/4174

Freedom is expensive.  Those who are not willing to
pay the price ultimately lose everything.