6M versus 2M converter IF

I'm in the process of assembling a WDG040 13cm/2m converter and considering
the possibility of running the converter into my Icom IC-756Pro, using a 6M
IF rather than into my 2M rig.  Have any of you tried something similar?
I'm suspecting the best approach will be to double-convert, from 13cm to 2M
and then step down from 2M to 6M in a second converter.  I'd really like to
use the band scanner and DSP capabilities of the 756Pro.

Dan Fitch, KG4OVP
AMSAT 33712