[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next] - [Date Index][Thread Index][Author Index]

Re: Name of Device / Tool

On Monday 19 November 2001 09:41, Gary \"Joe\" Mayfield wrote in 
"[amsat-bb] Name of Device / Tool":
> When I had some screws that were seized up several people mentioned a
> tool to me that you strike with a hammer to break them loose
> (interestingly, a couple people told me not to use one).  I need the
> name of this tool.  I got blank stares at the hardware and automotive
> stores.

It's called an "impact wrench"...big heavy cylindrical gadget made from 
tool steel, with a socket drive on one end; you bash it on the other 
end with a hammer and the impact is translated into a torque. I had one 
for frozen nuts on my motorcycle back in my salad days.(No smart 
remarks from the peanut gallery!)

But I wouldn't use it on anything more delicate than a battleship...

 73 de Maggie K3XS

-----/___.   _)   Margaret Stephanie Leber    / "The art of progress  /
----/(, /|  /| http://voicenet.com/~maggie   / consists of preserving/
---/   / | / |  _   _   _    `  _AOPA 925383/ order amid change and /
--/ ) /  |/  |_(_(_(_/_(_/__(__(/_  FN20hd / change amid order."   /
-/ (_/   '  K3XS  .-/ .-/    ARRL 39280   /___ --A.N.Whitehead ___/
/____ICQ 7161096_(_/_(_/__AMSAT 32844____/ <maggie@voicenet.com>

Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
To unsubscribe, send "unsubscribe amsat-bb" to Majordomo@amsat.org