Re: Name of Device / Tool

>When I had some screws that were seized up several people mentioned a tool
>to me that you strike with a hammer to break them loose (interestingly, a
>couple people told me not to use one).  I need the name of this tool.  I got
>blank stares at the hardware and automotive stores.
>Thanks and 73,

We used to call it a "hammer driver". Used it to break loose tight
phillips-head screws holding motorcycle crankcases together.
Here's a link to what  **looks like**  the same tool. Don't know for
sure without seeing it in the flesh.
If it's the right tool, it will impart a twisting motion to the
screwhead when struck with a hammer.
Be sure to use the correct size phillips bit with the tool.

Bill Howell
University of Texas at Austin
College of Fine Arts
Office of Computing Technologies