G-5400 Mounting

Hi, everybody. I just bought a G-5400 in almost new condition, but the
previous owner had the two units separated, and the mounting bracket
that connects them is missing. I was wondering how many of you have
experience using these with the seaparation kit, and if you think it's
caused any problems. I just don't like the way it looks, with the
Elevation rotor hanging slightly off to the side when it's bolted to the
mast. I'd rather get another mast adapter for the top end of the mast,
bolt that to a newly fabricated bracket, and then bolt the Elevation
rotor back into its bracket. The Azimuth rotor is going in a roof-top
tower with a thrust bearing at the top, and I'm going to be putting up a
KLM 435-40CX, and a KLM 2M-14C, on a fiberglass cross-boom. Yes, I'm
planning on painting the boom! Thanks for the advice....I've never put
up anything quite like this, and hints are appreciated.
73, Jim  KQ6EA