Re: Yaesu Repair

In a message dated 11/17/01 12:55:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
klandis@woh.rr.com writes:

> Does anyone know if Yaesu would accept a radio for repair at a hamfest? I
>  have an FT-847 in need of repair and Yaesu will be at the Ft. Wayne Hamfest
>  this weekend!

No.  They won't even sell you equipment as it's unfair competition to
authorized dealers.  Their whole purpose is PR, advertising and technical
questions.  Just send it back to their factory repair center in Cupertino,
CA.  They probably don't even go "home" after every hamfest so it would delay
your repair if they did take busted radios!  Anyway, no one likes to go home
from a hamfest with more stuff than they took ;-)

73's
Ray - WB3ABN
Kingston, WA