Re: Convertor Protector from SSB Electronic

On Friday 16 November 2001 02:58 pm, Douglas Braun NA1DB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The December QST has a review (page 58) of the "RF-Power Protector"
> sold by SSB Electronics USA.  It's a little box with two N connectors
> that goes between your transceiver and your downconvertor, and
> lets the receive signal through while blocking any transmitter
> power over 150 mW.  Cost: $60.
>
> This sounds incredibly useful.  Has anyone tried one?
>
> Doug
> NA1DB

Yes, Doug, I have one. I have talked to others who have them and at least one
of them has said that it works. Mine is in line, but I haven't been either
brave enough or dumb enough to be sure. <g>

I haven't gottten my Dec QST yet...so I'm anxiouis to see it. I never take
the protector out of the line of coax that goes to the converter. I have it
set up so it's impossible to get to the DC without going through the
protective device.

I'm sure you'll see some replies from those who have actually had them
protect their gear. 73
--
hasan schiers, N0AN
schiers@netins.net