RE: Mic up/down via AO40Rcv additional

Douglas & Moe,
Thank you for the fast response.
The problem was me, not AO40Rcv. In my note I commented that the volt meters
monitoring the UP channel and DOWN channel were going nuts. Well, as I
finally figured out, you must watch how you set the "Step Size" on AO40Rcv's
Rig Control. Once I set the rig for 25hz increments, and set the software
for 30 -40hz all troubles went away. I was seeing an UP command which
stepped the receiver up past the up limit that the software wanted, thus the
software immediately sent a Down command and so on in a vicious circle.
The only issue left for me is the interface to the Yaesu FT-100D "Up-Down"
system which I'll use as a dedicated telemetry receiver. I have been unable
to find a print of the mic module within the Yaesu manual. It would appear
that I must get an additional set of wires up to the actual mic buttons
within the mic. (Great arrangement) With no clue how Yeasu has designed that
circuit, I think I will just use reed relay closures to bridge these
switches. The length of the up/down rig closure is also critical in that if
you hold down the up or down button to long you move the rig into the scan
mode. (Not Good). I suppose the print of the 2 NPN transistor driver will
drive a nice small reed relay. I'll be out of town running AO-40 portable 4
for two weeks so this project must wait.
Once hooked up I'll advise if I see anything that could use further
attention.
Thank you.
73
Gunther Meisse