RF Exposure

While commenting to a layman who was concerned about the effects of RF
exposure in HAM radio (as he said... its dangerous you konw...), I was
tempted to say something to the effect of "If you followed the governments
mandates about exposure, the Sun would be illegal".

But I didnt say that, but thought at 1000W per square meter, that it would
be interesting to compare that exposure of electromagnetic waves to the
government rules and regs for a nice sound bite?

Bob